Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting Up-2-Date

There is so much new stuff to tell but not enough time or energy in my pregnant body to share it all, so here's what I have...

Sebastian is 4! four. years. old. Can you believe it? I don't even know how it is possible; it just happened so suddenly! But that is what his birth certificate says. I know! I'm still in shock, too! He is, of course, the most most beautiful, handsome, lovable, intelligent, fun-loving 4-year-old (I know, I know) that I've ever known. I just adore everything about him. OK, maybe not the 4-year-old "I-know-everything-and-you're-just-an-idiot" attitude, but you get the point. In general, he is the best thing since sliced bread.


You don't have to spend very much time with him to realize what toots his horn. He is absolutely, without a doubt, head-over-heels in love with everything John Deere. Actually, it's more everything "farming" than just John Deere because his Daddy drives a red Case tractor and he seems just as in love with it as the green ones. The case and point here is, the only conversations in which he is fully present contain some kind of talk of crops, tractors or some other type of farm machinery. An example of Sebastian's ride home from daycare commentary...

Look! It's a green tractor! Why is that tractor just sitting there? There are 10 modules out there. That field is disted (disked). Look! Two combines! Look at that bean header. Them big trucks are gonna come take the beans. Where are those module trucks going? How come the sprinklers aren't on? Daddy is mowing all those cotton stalks down. When can I ride the cotton picker? Look at that boll buggy. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

You can't really get the full affect without hearing Sebastian talk. He is straight up, one Southern fella. It's the most hilarious thing to hear him speak and even as used to his accent as David and I are, we still crack up when he talks shop! As my relatives in Illinois would say, "You can't mistake that he is from Southeast Missouri!"

Sebastian and his Daddy dumping cotton!

The news on Baby Boy #2 -- he is still just baking away. I'm 22-weeks tomorrow. My pregnancy with him has been much different than I had with Sebastian, but just as exciting. Due date is currently the same on 03/09/11, but I will have a scheduled Cesarean delivery, so we will hopefully know an arrival date soon. My next prenatal appointment is tomorrow and I HOPE to still be updating the blog by then ;) I think we have ALMOST finalized his name. That's about it though. Let's just be glad that we still have roughly four more months to prepare because his name is about all that's ready around here! :0

No comments:

Post a Comment